Thursday, February 6, 2014

Reflecting On 2013

Howdy!
So yeah, I've never done one of these look back mosaics of all the things I've made in the previous year, but this year I thought I would, I think it might help light my fire a bit and help me accept that I'm not quite the lazy chump I sometimes feel like, I've been struggling with that lately.

Less than some years, and more than others. I've only got two hands and I work full time so I can't (and not sure I'd want to) pump out the number of projects a lot of folks can, but then again this has never been a competition. I make things that interest me in the moment, for fun swaps, and gifts for my family & friends - because it makes me happy. Making makes me happy and like the hokey pokey, that's what it's all about.

  I don't really plan ahead very much either. If you'd asked me what kinds of things I was going to make in  2013 at about this time last year, I wouldn't have guessed any of these things. Whimsy & inspiration are powerful joy rides!

I've found it's been fun to take this look back, some of these things (like the Valentine's Day makes) have been packed away for almost a year already, seeing them again has given me some neat "oh yeah! I made that!" moments. Let's peruse, shall we?

These things are more or less in about the order I made them, it made putting these mosaics together a heck of a lot easier, links to details about each photo are listed below.




Not too shabby, eh? I've enjoyed seeing these things again, a lot of them have been sent all over the world and live with other people now. That makes me feel a bit warm & fuzzy.

I cooked a few extremely good (read picture worthy) things too!
1. Ham, Potato & Corn Chowder 2. Cinnamon Muffins 3. Salsa 4. Greek Cous Cous Salad 5. Ricotta, Baby Zucchini & Penne 6. Birthday Margaritas! 7. Minestrone 8. Zuppa Toscana 9. Mexican Pizza
(These are all here)

Food is goooood.

 And then there's these guys...
Oh yes, these babies o' mine. They do consume me. I'd bet that dollars to donuts every stitch I've stitched, is equal to one or more kisses on their furry little heads. I love them ever so...

I guess I wasn't as lazy as I thought I was this year... That chunk at the last part of the summer was a real bummer, I don't recommend fracturing any part of your body, friends. Its a drag and that walking boot was no joke. Also, it takes forever to heal. I'm still having problems with my ankle, in fact I'm going back into treatment for it shortly, it's not acting right and I have a lot of years ahead of me, so it needs to get with the program.

I'm looking forward to seeing what will materialize in 2014, there are some big things underway! Ok, so mayybe I plan a little... *wink* 

I hope you'll stay with me on this journey, it's fun to share and I love seeing what you're up to, too!
oxo,
Lisa

7 comments:

Rose said...

You certainly have accomplished a lot in 2013!

TheMistressT said...

Holy s'mores of Satan! It's a good thing it's not a contest, because you would be winning (and I would not be winning)! I like this idea a lot, though and think I might try to keep track o' my projects this year so I can do something similar next year.

Did you use a tool to make the mosaics or painstakingly assemble them yourself?

Unknown said...

This makes me so happy 1-I am the receiver of several of your projects and 2-YOU ARE AWESOME! Whoot! Whoot! I can't wait to see what you make in 2014

Becky said...

Oh. My. Help! You have been busy! And it's all fantastic!!!

Melissa said...

Wow! You made a lot of stuff last year! Can't wait to see what you come up with this year!! xoxo

Unknown said...

Love it all! You rock!

Bits of Stitching! said...

It seems that you were actually very busy creating :-)! Totally in love with 7 and 12 from the 1st mosaic, 7 and 10 from the 2nd and with everything on your 5th mosaic ;-). The 6th is just pure cuteness!