Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Oh, what I want to know, where does the time go?

Hi All!
Oh my goodness where have the last couple of weeks run off to? I'm so behind on blogging, both in posting and reading. I feel rather out of the bloggy loop at the moment. I need one good rainy Saturday and a large cup of tea (or several) and all will be right again, le sigh.

Today I thought I'd share one last thing I made for my family for Christmas (yep, I know, we're a week into February) but they only recently received this, so it's finally safe to share.

For my brother, his wife and their two kiddos.
I traced their hands the day they moved to South Lake Tahoe a few months ago. An exciting, new beginning for them, bringing them one step closer to their dreams.

Like all families they're entwined, and so their hand prints should be. Everybody's hands are touching or over lapping somewhere on this piece, in those places I did a little intertwining of my own.


Normally I don't show the backs of my embroideries...(i use knots, shhh!)... but I really liked this one, its clean, flat, and like all families, perfectly not perfect. I left it unfinished when I sent it to them instead of covering it in my usual way. I just trimmed the fabric close and glued it neatly to the inner hoop.

I hope they like it, I liked making it for them.

I made a few other things for the kids, but nothing earth shatteringly rad, so I'll just post those in my Flickr, come on over and have a peek if you like.

I'll be back soon, I want to share a few pics from last weeks Creativi-tea!
I hope you've all been well, I miss reading your blogs and will catch up soon!
oxo,
Lisa

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful gift. I'm sure they will love it!

Hillori said...

This turned out so great Lisa!!! I just love it. They will treasure this forever.

Denise :) said...

I *love* this idea -- Lisa it's wonderful!! I'm pinning this, too. So will you be purchasing the new Twilight DVD at midnight ?! LOL!! :)

SewAmy said...

Oh Lisa, this is adorable. It turned out so cute. I love the way you weaved the threads together.

Angela McRae said...

I am such a dork. I thought I was on another blog, and I was reading along thinking, "Wow, she is really good, didn't realize she embroidered, her work reminds me of Lisa's ..." and then I realized it WAS you! Ha! But seriously, I think this is a *brilliant* idea! And looks soooo neat front and back. Great work!

(And I eagerly await photos of the Creativi-Tea!)

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

What a sweet gift, Lisa! You really did a great job on this :) I bet they love it.

Chris said...

Hi Lisa, what a lovely and thoughtful gift. This is something they will treasure for ever. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

I love this concept so much, Lisa-- I especially love how you wove the stitches together. It totally takes it to a different level that warms my heart. Love, love, love it.
I know that they will treasure your creation forever!
Hugs,
Jill