Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Hello~hello!
I hope you're all having a loverly Valentines Day!
Today I thought I'd share with you the little pressie package I sent my pal, Pam for a little Valentine Swap we participated in. If you don't already know Pam, you should go over and check out her blog, it's a fun place, and Pam is awesome, super fun chick-a-dee!

I started out thinking that I'd make my pally an embroidered tea towel, then I got carried away and whipped up a couple of other goodies, it was easy to do!
I added a couple of cute panels of Valentine fabric to each side of the embroidery, then binded the towel with aqua gingham to give it a little more weight. The embroidery I used was a freebie pattern I found in the Hoop Love group on Flickr, it's a terrific resource for vintage embroidery patterns, you must take a look sometime! The pattern was sweet and simple and took less than an hour to stitch.

 Now, you may not know this, but Pam has fabulous hair. In fact, it's so amazing it ought to have it's own blog! When I saw this sweet hair bow on Mollie's blog, Wild Olive, I HAD to make one for Pam. You can see Mollie's tutorial here. It's so simple and so dang cute! I need to make more of these. I think my nieces would like one in every color, shoot, who am I kidding, I want one in every color!
Pam is wearing this bow in her hair today, I saw picture on facebook, eeep!

One hair doo-dad wasn't enough, so I made another one, this just clips right in.

I also made her a little ornament, just for fun. I saw one like it on Pinterest and thought it would be fun to make. Pretty cute, aye? 

Of course no Valentine would be complete without some sweets, so I packed some of those in too, and a great big mug to boot! This sucker would be terrific for ice cream.

So there it is, a fun little package for a fun little lady! I wrapped it all in heaps of hot pink tissue paper and lots of stickers, it was a neat package to put together. And it's it nice to get something in the mail that isn't a bill? Pam is so sweet, she took pics as she opened the box, you can see that set of pictures here, if you're interested.

Oh hey, I almost forgot, Pam has a brand spankin' new Facebook page, come on over and "like" it!

Wishing you all a sweet day!
oxo,
Lisa


10 comments:

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

Aw, what a sweet package! The little heart hair doodad is so pretty.

Becky said...

Pammy is worth every bitty bit of fabulous spoiling you did!

Giggly said...

Cuuuute! Pam is so lucky. :) XOXOX

suzitee said...

And it's got red, pink and aqua! YUMMMMMMMM...gorgeous box of goodies...bet she loved them!

Cheryl Marie said...

Wow!!! What a beautiful gift!

Joel and Vanessa said...

I think Bellies needs a new bow. I love it. Do you make any on clips? I'm not sure that comb will stay in her hair.

Blueberry Heart said...

hearts galore...*sigh*....so, so pretty at any time of the year - especially on grey, late winter days!!
Beautiful makes,
BH x

Angela McRae said...

Now that is an AWESOME gift! So impressed with your talents (and thoughtfulness!).

Unknown said...

It's all mine! I love everything! It's all perfect. Thank you so much! Love ya!

Farah said...

Lisa it simply beautiful tea towel I love it soooo much, so delicate embroidery great job
Hope you will enjoy a visit at
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
With love
Farah