Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fresh Start, Full Heart

*Edit*
Woohoo, my crazy heart has been featured on Craft Gossip!

Howdy How!
How've you been, my dearies? Oh my goodness, I've been gone from this space for so long, it's hard to figure out where to start this post, how to explain my absence. I had so much to share with you back when it was still fall, like my best friends wedding, our trip up to see the leaves change in Hope Valley, pumpkin carving with my nieces & nephew, and so much more.  


December whirled by, as its wont to do, full of busy fun, too much food, and lots of visiting, not to mention all the making. I wanted to share those times with you too, but the days just flew. By the second week of December, I'd resigned to take the rest of the year off from blogging to concentrate on being present in those fleeting moments, trying to soak it all in, but I still meant to pop in and say hello. We spent Christmas in Tahoe with my brothers family this year, so much snow


New Years came and went, and left us feeling... not well. January was not kind to me, friends, I am not sorry to see it go. Most recently, I've been struck with the dreaded flu that's making its rounds, and my poor hubby has bronchitis... again. I don't remember ever being so sick, this flu is beastly! Oh, then there was that whole "oh-god-i-think-i'm-having-a-heart-attack-what-is-going-on-i'm-too-young-to-die!" episode at the beginning of the month, in which I was rushed by a co-worker from my office to the EKG machine to see what the hell was happening to me. I think I understand the phrase "my life flashed before me eyes" in a way I never did before. I do not wish to repeat it anytime soon. Needless to say, much of my month was spent in various doctors offices, laboratories and waiting rooms. Thirty-eight year old females are not prone to heart attacks, after all.

Lol, what fun! 
HAHAHA... NOT.
Yeah, goodbye January, smell ya later!


And now February!
{{deep breath}} 
A fresh start! A new beginning, MY new year!

I'm ready to begin anew, to start taking better care of me and my slightly broken (but still mighty) heart! And to get back in the swing of things here on my blog, too. Speaking of hearts, the little cutie pictured here is something I've worked on a few evenings recently. Crazy quilting makes me swoony, and although I don't think I'll ever really be great at it, I sure do enjoy playing with it, and that's just what I did here, play! A little bobble I made for myself, I think it's cute.

I'm looking forward to catching up with you all! I've been lurking this last week, peeking in on so many of your blogs, peek-a-boo! I've added a TON of photos to my Flickr account, if you're curious about catching up with me too, there's lots of new things to see over there, please feel free. 

So here's my question, how's winter treating YOU? Are you well? Did ya miss me as much as I missed you? Heheheh...

Do tell!
oxo,
Lisa   

14 comments:

suzitee said...

Well hello there dear friend! So sorry to hear about your health issues...here's to a much better month in February! Your crazy heart is divine...I've missed seeing your gorgeous work. Winter is treating me just fine, but only because it's SUMMER here LOL...long lazy days and swimming in the pool :) Welcome back xxx

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh, I am so sorry you've been so ill. I do pray you are back on the mend. :)

Love the crazy quilt heart. It's adorable.

Wishing you a most wonderful day.

RetroSandie said...

Sorry you had the flu - I hear it's a "bear"!! And I just love your heart! It so beautiful!!! I hope you hang it up someplace so you can see it in all it's glory!! Hope February is good for you! The groundhog says Spring will come early! Yay!!!!
Hugs, Sandie

lifemyway said...

The crazy quilted heart is adorable. Last year I made something similar for all my girlfriends because us women feel Valentine's Day more than our Manly counterparts.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to new posts!!

TheMistressT said...

Happy New Year! That little heart it so cute and sweet! I love all the detail.

lynda said...

It sounds like you've had an eventful few months! Isn't it crazy how time seems to slip away? Take care of your heart...that must have been scary! And speaking of hearts, I love the one you made...I've never tried crazy quilting but this is so cute...maybe I'll give it a try. Off to look at your photos...

SewAmy said...

I do hope you are on the mends. I love your crazy quilt heart... it looks so cute and fun to stitch. I'm going to head to your flickr page and check out your photos.

Wendy said...

sorry to hear you had a rubbish start to the year - any news on what's going on with your heart?

Love the crazy heart, it's just beautiful

Denise :) said...

I've missed you! Although luckily I've been able to tag behind you on pinterest! LOL! I'm so sorry you've had such a rough start to the 'standard' new year -- let's hope February is MUCH kinder! :)

beadgirl said...

Welcome back.

And oh my gosh that heart is beautiful! Such perfect stitching!

Anonymous said...

Cute heart! I love all the stitching details. Great work!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/02/submarine-sunday-17_2.html

Bonnie said...

Hi Lisa, glad you are back to blogging and glad you are feeling better!! I too had the flu, but fortunately my fever lasted only one day...but I still felt like crap for a few days. Fortunately this one did not whoop my butt like last year's did to me! I love the little crazy quilt heart you made. It is soooo adorable!! You are very talented!

Becky said...

Hooray for triumphant returns!!!

That heart IS swoon worthy!