We're busy as ever around these parts, and I have lots to share with you, but check it out! I was tagged for a Beautiful Blog Award, woohoo! Have you ever checked out Felt Like Stitchin? If you haven't, mosey on over there, it's a comfy friendly place!
Now I'm supposed to share 10 interesting things about myself... hm. Let's see what I can come up with... I'll try not to be a bore, and I'll try not to ramble, but you know how I can be sometimes...
1. Year before last, I'd had enough of looking the way I did and feeling bad about myself, so I set out to change something only I was able to. My weight. I lost (although "lost" isn't the right word... "forced off" is more like it) 100 pounds. No magic bullet. A lot of sweat and a lot of very careful choices. This last year has been very challenging for me physically & personally, and I've slacked off my healthy habits. I've gained a little back. Losing is easier than maintaining. Getting back on track is a struggle, but I'm getting there :o)
2. In my early 20's, my greatest ambition was to take a year off and follow the Grateful Dead with my brother and a couple of our buddies. Ahh... good times. I still go see the remaining members whenever I possibly can. Great music. Their reputation overshadows their talent, which is vast. Need any recommendations? I'm your girl.
3. I could take down an entire carton of mint chip ice cream if left to my own devices. But not just any mint chip. It has to be Thrifty's Mint Chip. Don't even need a bowl. Just a spoon... dangerous. Might have been a contributing factor to #1, ya think? Chocolate Malted Crunch comes in a close second. Close.
4. I sort of have an obsession with teapots and Jadite Glass. I'm running out of space. Scratch that. I'm out of space. I'm secretly afraid I'm going to end up like one of those ladies on Hoarders. *shiver*
5. I love geocaching! Have you heard of it? It's a fun hide & seek game played with GPS all over the world. I'm still new at it, but it's really addicting. I've gotten a couple of friends addicted too.
6. I'm related (distantly) to Sherriff Pat Garrett. He is famous for killing Billy The Kid. My mothers maiden name is Garrett, and he's her great, great uncle. Cool, yeah?
7. I ride a scooter whenever possible. I'm like, literally in love with my Vespa. I bought a pack of fabric baby diapers to polish her with. If I worked in the same town as I live in, I think I'd be tempted to sell my car.
8. All my life I've been a serious night owl. However, recently I can't keep my lids open past midnight or so... some people say that is late. On contraire mo fraire... 3am. That's late. I still do it on the weekends, but I pay dearly in the mornings. Especially work day mornings.
9. I'm the only one in my family that doesn't have tattoos. Including my mom. She started getting them on her 50th b-day. She has three now... they're all really pretty. I love beautiful tattoo work, I'm just too indicisive. I can't commit. I want to though... someday...
10. I love to read, I'm in two seperate book blubs. One meets every month, the other meets every other month. I don't watch much TV, it's on, but it's like background noise.
11. BONUS!! I have something REALLY cool to share with you tomorrow. Seriously cool. I can't believe I've managed to keep it under my hat actually.
Well hey! I managed to name not 10, but 11 things that you may not have already known about me that are (hopefully) mildly interesting! That's a feate considering what a blabbermouth I am.
Ok, so stay tuned because tomorrow I'm coming back with something timely and cool. Did I mention it was cool??? Oh yes... it's cool allright, and it concerns you, Twihards!!!
See you on the flip side!
p.s. Oh! I almost forgot, I'm supposed to pass this award along by tagging 10 more Beautiful Bloggers...
I'm a tea fueled, Vespa riding, embroidery junkie! Welcome to my little speck of the world! This is where I share what I'm up to and blather about the stitchy~quilty~crafty things I like to make. Kick back and enjoy your time here. Oh, and please feel free to jump in and comment, I love hearing from you!