Saturday, June 14, 2014

Imagine

Hi Y'all! 
Today I thought I'd share a little something I whipped up for my mom for Mother's Day. She's been a Beatles & Lennon fan all my life and I don't know why I never thought of making something like this for her before, but I'm so glad I did. Sometimes stitching a simple line drawing like John Lennon's iconic Imagine is such a pleasure, I wish I did it more.

John Lennon's Imagine in Stitches by Lisa Leggett

This particular drawing translates to embroidery so well, I love it when that happens! 

You May Say I'm A Dreamer by Lisa Leggett

I added a short lyric from the song, one of my favorites.

John Lennon's Imagine in Stitches by Lisa Leggett

I'm a dreamer too.

Not The Only One

I have little dreams, but they are mine and I'm working at making them a reality. One at a time. Baby steps and then leaps and bounds, and then baby steps again. ♥

John Lennon's Imagine in Stitches by Lisa Leggett

Pleased to report that Mom loved her little 'broidery. I had a feeling she would, but I can't take credit for that, she's a fan, this is his work. 

Mom's doing me a solid this week, she's staying with our pups because by the time you read this, we'll be off on an adventure, a little dream. We're taking a train trip! We've always wanted to ride a train and tomorrow we're headed to Portland for a few days for a little R&R and some special birthday's!

You know I'll be taking pictures! Can't wait to share!
Have a great weekend, darlings!
oxo,
Lisa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a great piece. I know your mom loved it. Have a fun trip!!

Charlotte said...

Beautiful! This is my favorite Beatle song!

Pat said...

What a fab idea Lisa, genius! Pat xx

Mãos e manias said...

Really great job!