Sunday, April 20, 2014

Petunia Cottontail

Happy Easter, Friends!
I hope you're having a wonderful day today, either relaxing, contemplating or having a wild egg hunt with lots of chocolate, jelly beans & giggly kids!
I'm headed to Lake Tahoe to spend Easter with my brother and his family in just a bit, but I thought I'd pop in real quick and share my latest little felt pin, finished just in time for Easter.

Felt Bunny Pin by Lisa Leggett

Sean and I were debating what the female equivalent of the name Peter is? We couldn't decide so we went with Petunia. Petunia Cottontail. ♥

My lil rabbit is definitely a girl bunny with her sparkly, beaded flower atop her round little head.

Felt Flower Close Up - Bunny Pin by Lisa Leggett

Felt Bunny Pin by Lisa Leggett

She's surrounded with a sweet posy of bright, beaded flowers too, yep, she's a girly girl.

Felt Flower Close Up - Bunny Pin by Lisa Leggett

Felt Bunny Pin by Lisa Leggett

I had fun stitching this little lady, I like the framing, it reminds me of a miniature portrait and has me debating what other little critters would look cute in this fashion. A fox? (I've always loved foxes) A squirrel? (I'm nuts about them!) A kitty cat? What do you think would be cute? Hop on down and let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Felt Bunny Pin by Lisa Leggett

Wishing you the sweetest, springiest Easter, have a beautiful day!
oxo,
Lisa

3 comments:

Egléa Senna said...

Em português ou outra língua latina acredito que é "Pietrina".
Ficou lindo e qualquer outro bichinho também ficará muito fofo!
Um abraço!
In Portuguese or another Latin language believe is "Pietrina".
It was gorgeous and any other pet will also be very cute!
Hugs!

Chris said...

That pin is amazing Lisa!
I hope that you have a wonderful time with your family.

Beedeebabee said...

I think your Petunia bunny pin is just about the cutest thing ever! Yes Lisa, yes, yes, other little critters would be just as adorable done this way! That frame is so perfect surrounding her precious little VERY girlie bunny face! She melted my heart from the second I saw her! TOO CUTE!!! XOXO