Friday, May 4, 2012

A Little Dancing Fox

Hi There Friends,
Can you believe we're a week into May already? Whew, where does the time go?

Today I wanted to share what will be the first of 11 embroideries that I'm going to be completing over the next couple of months. Along with some of my stitchy pals, we're doing what we call the Spring Fling Tea Towel Swap. It's a round robin kind of deal, each of us are basically sending a new, "blank" tea towel in a circle around the world, each sending to the next until our towels come back home, all filled up with embroidery done by our friends. I'm so excited, it's really pretty fantastic.

The leader of the swap is the wonderful and effervescent Pam of Faster Kittykill . I've completed my first towel and mailed it off to Oregon. The first person who's towel I did is none other than my friend Jill.


Quick background, there's a place here in Lodi, the little town where I live, a special place called The Dancing Fox. This is the location Jill and I decided upon when we met for the first time. A blind date, if you will! We met during a stitch-a-long we were both participating in through our blogs. Well we hit it right off, we became fast friends that first meeting and the rest is history. You can read about our first meeting here, if you're interested ♥

Anyway, the Dancing Fox will always have a special meaning for me where Jill is concerned, so I thought for her tea towel, I wanted to do something foxy. What better way than by stitching the man(fox) of the hour, the dancing fox himself.


Here he is along with my favorite Dancing Fox wine, Fire Dance!

This is a closeup of his tiny fiddle. He plays a wicked tune.


And here is, playing and dancing a little jig.
He was a fun little guy to stitch!

So! One towel down, ten to go! I'll keep you guys posted along the way, and then again when my towel comes back to me. I can't wait to see what it'll hold for me!

Speaking of Miss Jillypants, she and I are going to Sacramento tomorrow for some plant hunting! Jill is going to help me choose plants, I'm going to build a fairy garden, weeeeeee!
I'm sure I'll be dying to show you guys about it, so stay close!

Hope you all have a wonderful, foxy weekend!
oxo,
Lisa

7 comments:

suzitee said...

Perfect perfect... Jill will love it! I love it! Such a cute little fox, and he has just the right amount of whimsy :)
I went back and read the story of you and Jill's first meeting, and it almost brought a tear to my eye... Beautifully written post. Internet buddies are the best, and such a blessing when you get to meet them in real life!

Unknown said...

I love this! You are so talented and I can't wait to see what you stitch on my towel.

Denise said...

What fun you're all having!Sounds wonderful.Love your sweet Mr.Fox.

Gilly Tee said...

He is great, can't wait to see the rest.
Gillx

Myka said...

How adorable. :-)

Denise :) said...

What a dapper fellow you've stitched up there! Very handsome. :)

Unknown said...

This little fox is so cute. The towel swap sounds like a wonderfully fun idea. I can't wait to see all your stitching ideas and your completed towel!