Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hello Rainbow!

Hi Guys,

Hooboy, where does the time go? Sorry I've been a little MIA lately, I've been slowly working my way through some crafty stuff, but I don't have anything I can share just yet, gotta love the super secret stuff. I wish I could say I've been more productive. Seems lately the more I have to do, the less I'm able to actually do it. I'm in the home stretch on three different projects for three special ladies so I should have something to share soon, promise.

In the meantime, I do have something that I think was so special. I know it's going back a little ways but this deserves its moment in the sun. Many months ago (I think) I may have mentioned to Jill that I'd always wanted a rainbow cake. Just in passing. That lady has the ears of a fox! The weekend after my birthday we'd made plans to go out to San Francisco to the Crown & Crumpet, which we did, it was perfect and lovely of course. But when she showed up at my house the morning we left for the city, she was carrying this...

BEHOLD!!

 Awww yeeeah!

Before we left, I had to have a piece. We took it out on the patio, it was a nice morning.

Dig those lovely colors!

This made me so happy, I can't believe she did this just for me for me!
What a pal!!

Thank you Jill, you are wonderful! Isn't she wonderful?? Yes, she is.

oxo,
Lisa


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo such a lovely colourful cake I so want a piece too. :p Can't wait for your secret craft business. xx
p.s I've grabbed your button to share the love xx

Anonymous said...

Just me again I can't seem to get your button to appear on my blog

Anonymous said...

Just me again I can't seem to get your button to appear on my blog

Bonnie said...

That cake is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! I love the colors...I love how they turned out a little on the pastel side. I also love how she kept is so simple on the outside with the smooth white frosting and those adorable multi colored candies on top! I just love the whole thing. I need to make one of these soon! What a wonderful thing to have a friend make you something like this! I would be overwhelmed with thanks and appreciation. I don't really have anyone in my life as far as friends and family that are crafty or bakey...so chances of this ever happening to me...no. I think that's why I love my blog friends so much because they have a passion about the same things I am interested in. I always tell my husband I wish I had one friend that was just like me. I do love my friends..but none of them is like me!

Jill said...

Aw geez! You are so sweet to feature the rainbow cake. I had so much fun creating it!! It's so fun to create something when you know it will be appreciated!
Hugs,
Jill

Becky said...

Wonderful friend indeed! Jill, what sort of food colorings did you use? I can't seem to get such beautiful color with the good ol Sauer's brand.

Paula said...

Oh gosh! What a beautiful and fun cake. It would almost be hard to eat, but I think I could get past that - lol~

sew sew n sew said...

hi, i just passed by your blog. this is the first time i see such colourful cake. i love the rainbow layers!! guess it must take quite a while for your friend to make it~

Lisa said...

What a sweet friend and what a wonderful, fun surprise to find inside that yummy looking cake! :)

Hugs! :)

Kim said...

What a thoughtful friend and such a beautiful cake! Really a surprise to see those rainbow colors under the white frosting!
-Kim

parTea lady said...

What a fabulous rainbow cake and thoughtful (and wonderful baker) friend.

Farah said...

Hi Lisa......... wowwww I don't know I can eat it if I have that...... it so lovely that its difficult to finish it by putting in the stomachs......... simply beautiful and I am sure yummy too.... I must go one for some day soon...
Visit me if you can
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Anonymous said...

I've never had cake envy before. Holy cripes! ;) I bet it was delicious. I want one for my birthday! I'll have to make it for myself, though. :\

Atlantisetta said...

Hello Lisa,

I would call it simply "Happy-Cake".
What a surprise inside!