Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Magic Christmas Kingdom


Ho~ho~howdy!
Wow! Where did the last couple of weeks go?? Well my dearies, that was an unintended bloggy break. The weekend of my last post I got down to some serious business in the craft room, and I've been a busy little elf ever since! Can't share everything just yet (you know how that goes this time of year) but trust me, I've been working hard and I have lots of other tricks up my sleeves. Last weekend was different, we ducked out of town for a quick, but jam packed, magical trip...

Disneyland!
I've always, always, always wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom during the Christmas season, when the entire park is decked out in its holiday finery. If I had a bucket list, Disneyland at Christmas would have been on it.

I took approximately one bazillion pictures, which I will not forcibly subject you to (much) (although, if you'd like to see lots more than what I'm posting here, I've made a set of this Disneyland trip over on my Flickr account, which can be found here. I think there are just over 100 photos in the set, and belieeeve me, that was trimming it way down from what I actually took! You are move than welcome to pop over and have a look. Please feel free to leave a comment or two, I love comments, and I love Disney memories so share, share away!) but I thought I'd share just a few of my most holiday-ish shots here with you today.

Small World, lit up like the sun. This picture doesn't do it justice.

We were only at Disneyland for about a day and a half, so we really had to move, but in that time I think we did and saw, and rode everything that we wanted to, some things even more than once.
Spinning madly.

The Grand Californian
Victorian carolers in the lobby, truly wonderful.
(note the kiddies in their stripy Christmas pj's, adorable!)

Jack, The Pumpkin King as Sandy Claws. In case you didn't know, the Haunted Mansion is completely re imagined for Christmas after the much beloved Nightmare Before Christmas, it's an astounding transformation. One of the highlights of my trip to be sure.



Me & Pluto
Stealing a smooch.

Hanging out near the castle... can you see the snow topped peaks? About 1/2 second after this picture was taken, guess who walked up behind me? None other than my favorite mermaid, Ariel!! She must have been on her way to meet Prince Eric or something, because she was walking superfast!


It was wonderful. The only thing I wished was different was how soon we had to leave. I could visit Disneyland at least once a month for the rest of my life and be a happy camper.

I look forward to visiting again, and again... and hopefully sooner rather than later!

Again, there are LOTS more pictures here, get yourself a cuppa and come over for a visit. Let's continue our conversation over on Flickr.

I hope you've enjoyed a peek of a few of the Christmas goodness to be had at the happiest place on earth! So tell me, have you been during the holidays? What's your favorite thing about Disneyland? Do tell!
oxo,
Lisa

4 comments:

Denise :) said...

Lucky, lucky ducky you! What a wonderful...magical...place to visit! Glad you had a fun time! :)

Shirley said...

Hi Lisa, I have never been to Disneyland, but I have been to Disney World. You never have enough time to see it all, but regardless of age there is always something for everybody to see and do. So much enjoyment and I want to thank you for sharing your adventure as I call it. Have a wonderful Christmas Your Missouri Friend.

Jill said...

It was so fun to get a Disneyland "photo tour" the other day! I loved every one of those bazillion photos! You've got some great photo skills going on there-- those photos of the castle are stunning. I think I'll add "Disneyland at Christmas" onto my bucket list now!
Hugs,
Jill

Lisa said...

Green with Envy! But very, very cool for you!!! :) Thanks for sharing all the fun! Happy Holidays to you Lisa. :)