Monday, September 28, 2009

First Fall Forray, Hooray!

Hello Everyone~
I don't know how the weather where y'all are is behaving, but today was the first day in Northern California that it's begun to feel a little like fall, yipee! I love the fall, its my favorite season. My wedding was in the fall...*gazing dreamily into space* Thinking of the fall always makes me feel happy, like a new beginning... a left over from my school years I think.

I whipped up this little bookmark over the weekend, it's kinda cute, no? I'm thinking of making a few more for my new bookclub peeps. I just started a new group and our first meeting is in mid October, this would be perfect. Yes, I think I'll do that :o) That book it's resting on is our first book club pick if anyone is interested, it's called The Magicians by Lev Grossman. I'm only about 150 pages in, but so far, so good!

It got me wondering what craf~tea fall things my bloggy buddies were up to, I'd love to hear all about them!

oxo,
Lisa

5 comments:

Beedeebabee said...

That little bookmark is adorable Lisa! I love your design and the colors you chose are perfect! Love how you stitched the top of the acorn...really cute! ... Is that a ME cup and saucer I see??? I know it is!!! I love her, she's one of my very favorite artists. Her stuff is always so happy. =D ... I'm a fall/winter girl myself. It was still fall when I got married too, Dec. 13th...The Magicians sounds really good. I took a book out of the library almost 3 weeks ago, The Forgotten Garden. I've read 2 pages so far. I'm going to see if they will let me take it out again. Have a great day Lisa! (uh oh...no spell check, this comment got pretty long!) Hugs, Paulette ;)

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

What an adorable bookmark! I LOVE fall!

Angela McRae said...

I love your classy new bookmark and think that is a great idea for a gift for book club friends!

parTea lady said...

Your bookmark looks great. Hosting a book club is so much fun. I had one in my home and we read all the Laura Childs Tea Shop Mysteries. I haven't read that author, but I will look the book up. Thanks.

Love the pretty cup and saucer and stylish glasses too.

sweetcakes said...

Hi, Lisa!

I love your bookmark! I'm sure your book club friends will love them too.

Do you mind if I put a link to your blog on mine? I meant to do that a long time ago but forgot to ask. :)

Hope all is well. Enjoy your lovely fall weather.

~Kim