Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Wind In The Willows Played Tea For Two...

The sky was yellow and the sun was blue!
Strangers stoppin' strangers just to shake their hand,
Everybody's playing in the Heart of Gold Band, Heart of Gold Band
~Scarlet Begonias

Ahh, there's nothing like a Grateful Dead show!

That's one of my "not so passing fancies", I've been a Dead fan for many, meany years. Some of the best music anywhere, and for me it's timeless and just as powerful as it was the first time I heard it. It's music that moves me and touches my heart. Most songs are stories, and I like stories. I was fortunate enough to see the Grateful Dead 8 or 9 times before the late Jerry Garcia made his early exit, each show was unique and wonderful. My brother, Greg and I along with a handful of our friends would go every chance we had.
Hmmm, good times.
This week we were lucky enough to see a show when The Dead (all four of the original remaining members as well as some new additions) played the Shoreline Ampetheater in Mountain View, California. We had lawn seats, so the view of the stage wasn't the best, but truthfully, it's more fun on the lawn anyway!
What a great time we had. Just as always this show was special and unique for us, my brothers son, Josiah who is 6 years old went with us and got to see his first Dead show! He had a blast!
We all did, really.

A late night, but a great night! I didn't get home until just before 2:30am and I was a zombie next day at work, but it was so worth it!

From the top is my handsome nephew, Josiah. Brother extrordinare, Greg, and my beautiful sister-in-law, Apryl.

My wonderful friends Lorna & Aaron

Yours truly and my "other brother" Justin.

Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

1 comment:

seeree, phd said...

oh, so jealous! i'm so happy to hear it was a wonderful show (as I knew it would be)! I saw them in 2003 but never got to see Jerry... he died on my 14th birthday, so, despite attempts by my father to get tickets for me to go, it never happened. This year, I will marry my fiance on Jerry's birthday. Oh, do I miss Jerry. But don't we all?